Mobile threat defense is also commonly abbreviated as (MTD). Mobile threat defense can be said to be a defensive tool that uses the combination anomaly detection, code emulation, vulnerability management, behavior profiling, host firewalling, intrusive prevention, and transportation of technical security measures to secure the mobile device and its applications from any advanced threat.
From this description, “advanced threats” denote mobile issues that require poised security measures that are off the custom paths like the enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile device management (MDM). Here are some of the most shared mobile threats Wandera that you need to check out for to ensure that you are safe with your mobile operations.
Common Mobile Threats
- Physical/device Threats: When it comes to physical threats, EMM and MDM are ideal solutions to manage your device. These two options will allow the device users to enforce the passcodes and wipe them out remotely in case their devices are compromised. To this end, MTD comes in hand to promote the MDM/EMM solutions through the provision of stand-by threat detection for prompt measures.
- Network Threats: a mobile device connects to approximately 10 to 100 networks when compared to the traditional PCs. This implies that often attacks like the traffic man-in-the-middle, which results in various re-directions can make a user loss essential credentials especially when connected to Wi-Fi networks. The problem with this is that your device can still connect to malicious networks even when your Wi-Fi is turned off and leak your vital information.
- Malware: The custom EMM and MDM fail to monitor applications or even protect your device from most maliciousdownloads particularly from the applications obtained from third parties. If not impossible, it is difficult to establish mobile security measure to guard third-party downloads as some of the firm-owed devices are as well venerable to shady IT.
Why do you Need Mobile Threat Defense?
Conversely, EMM/MDM is not a perfect match for the greater number of mobile venalities, attacks, and threats highlighted above. However, this does not imply that the IT entity needs to reinvent the wheel entirely. Instead, mobile threat defense should be tailored to the MDM/EMM to come up with an established measure that will always be ahead of fraudsters and will stand to stop any security breach from any point of the world in real-time. Below are more reasons why this measure is vital for your mobile device.
- Predictive Intelligence: mobile threat device acts like an application that is running in your device. Therefore, it serves as a reliable sensor that sends data to an analytic tool, which in turn predict the most likely security issues in your operations and establish the appropriate measures.
- Proactive Remediation: the device malware solution has little influence on your devices especially when involved when it already too late. On the other hand, the MTD works as a protective layer that stops attacks early enough before they find their ways to your device. This requires that you have an established detection, as well as protection measures, tied to your network layer so that any attack will be curbed in real-time.